Due to a fire of the Pavilion back in March 2012 a lot of the history and the formation of the Club has been lost but hopefully not forever.
The earliest report we have is the Opening of the ground and pavilion on a very rainy 17 June 1911, it was opened by Mr V C S W Corbett, agent to the Londonderry Collieries Ltd, despite the rain it was a very good turnout.
The ground which is attached to the New Seaham Recreation Ground consisted of over 14 acres, and a sum of £2000 had been spent on it with £1700 coming from the workers at New Seaham Mine.
The pavilion had been kindly presented to the club by Lord Londonderry, who had also placed the whole 14 acres of ground at their disposal at a rent which was merely nominal and just sufficient to preserve his right to the property.
More to follow
Head over to the Gallery to see Our History in Pictures